Logitech Z-2300 2.1 THX-Certified Sound System Review
One of the most overlooked vital pieces of setting up a good computer experience is getting the right sound system to compliment your multimedia experience. I am a laptop user and many think getting good sound out of such a small embedded subsystem is not possible, but the Logitech Z-2300 2.1 THX-Certified Sound System proves delicate and thundering sound can be had in an instant for around $90.
Here’s what the Logitech Z-2300 THX Sound System includes:
- An adapter for direct connection to DVD player, CD player, or video game console
- 200 watts total system power (40 watts x 2, plus 120-watt subwoofer)
- THX-certified 2.1-channel speaker system with ported subwoofer
- Superior audio with distortion-free bass for movies, music, and games
- Wired remote control offers master volume and subwoofer volume, plus headphone jack and standby button
It takes 100 hours to get headphones and speakers into peak performance response and as each of those 100 hours ticked away the Logitech Z-2300 sound system kept getting brighter and cleaner. The bass pounds while the high ends cut clear through the air into your ears like knives. I haven’t been able to go beyond 70 percent on the volume controller because it is just too loud to bear! You could certainly use this system at a large party or even outdoors to get your music to travel far and fast. Setting up the system took less than five minutes and it replaced an ancient Microsoft Sound System I was sent at least 10 years ago.
The Microsoft Sound System was delightful but the sound was getting a little mushy and I had to give up a USB port to the old system. The new Logitech Z-2300 system plugs into a mini-plug port to deliver incredible sound and that means you can use it with your desktop, laptop or even a portable player like an iPod! Now you don’t have to be punished by your choice of music player when you want quality sound.
The built-in THX-Certified capability makes feeling DVD movies even better: Listening to Star Wars III through the Logitech Z-2300 system gave me movie theatre sound at home! The best thing about the Logitech Z-2300 sound system is the controller. You can control of power, bass, volume and you can also plug in your headset if you want a more intimate experience.
The controller connects to the gigantic subwoofer via a thick serial cable
– so there’s lots of information being exchanged by the controller and you can also hold it in your hand, hang it over the edge of a table or just let it sit on your desktop. You can’t beat the sound for the price with the Logitech Z2300 2.1 THX-Certified Sound System and I highly recommend its purchase if you are wanting for a better overall sound experience.
The system does all types of music really well from Classical to Jazz to Pop to Rock to World to Techno and it also accurately reproduces voices if you listen to talking books or talk radio or other voice-only experiences on your computer.