I need your help in accomplishing an important milestone in the four year history of this Urban Semiotic blog. As you can see on the right in the sidebar, we currently have (at the time I am writing this article), around 863,000 readers of this blog since 10/27/06 — that’s when we moved to WordPress.com from being privately hosted — and I am asking for your assistance to help us hit the ONE MILLION READERS mark on or before January 1, 2008!
Reaching a million of anything is an heroic milestone in any life endeavor and we would not even be approaching that incredible number without your continued and ongoing readership. We Thank You!
Here’s how the numbers break down to get us there from here:
- We currently average between 1,000 to 3,000 readers a day.
- We have 45 days or so before January 1, 2008.
- We need to average 3,044 readers per day to reach a million.
Now that’s a lot of daily readers we need to average!
Can we do it?
I would like to try with your help.
Here are some things I think you might be able to do to get us to that readership milestone. We’ll be happy to add you to our Blogroll to send you some action in exchange:
- Get your friends and family to read us if they aren’t already and get them registered and commenting. New readers who have yet to discover us and read us on a daily basis is key to this hopeful success.
- Add our RSS feed to you webpage or blog or your internet portal. Please use this RSS address: http://feeds.feedburner.com/urb to ensure the best feed and the most choices for subscribing and tracking. If you’re on WordPress.com you can add our feed using an RSS widget in your sidebar. We can help you set that up.
- Write articles for us to create more original content to be read!
- Comment more to help create a discussion that will include other fine minds.
If you have any other ideas we should try to reach a million, please share a comment and let us know!
We are nothing without you and with increased support we might be able to swing publishing on the weekends again if there is enough interest in doing that — so please share your thoughts and please check in often to give us a little boost in your spare time — and we thank you again for reading!