We know that every morning, I plant some seeds in my stomach to get my day righteously started. Every afternoon, I smooth some “Perfect Food” down the same gullet to land in the same spot — and I immediately feel energized after drinking my daily dose of greens.
Garden of Life is a great company that provides some really outstanding products to help Vegetarians and Vegans — and everybody else! — guarantee coverage of all aspects of their diet with nutritional supplements. Sometimes we get busy or distracted and we need a little help managing our daily intake of nutrients. Perfect Food helps keep your body stoked.
I use the powder version of Perfect Food. One scoop in water is a dull and nasty mouthful — so I try to add my Perfect Food to carrot juice or pomegranate juice — believe me, greens are good for you, but they can taste pretty awful in their natural, unadorned state.
If you don’t like powder in your drinks, you can take a capsule version of Perfect Food, but to get the same power dosage I get in one scoopful will cost you swallowing five capsules a day. I prefer my Perfect Food regimen in two swallows of a drink in one moment instead of five capsules stretched across my day.
Here’s the PR blurp from the Garden of Life website celebrating Perfect Food:
- One serving of Perfect Food Super Green Powder is equivalent to 140g of fresh grass juice.
- Excellent source of natural Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene and a good source of natural Vitamin C.
- Contains spirulina that supports healthy immune function.†
- Contains algae and cereal grasses that provide a natural source of alkalizing minerals.
- Select ingredients in Perfect Food Super Green Formula are produced through the Garden of Life proprietary Poten-Zyme® fermentation process to make the nutrients more available to the body.
- Includes a Probiotic Blend to support digestive health.†
- Supports healthy carbohydrate metabolism.†
- Great for those on low carbohydrate diets or people who are unable to eat enough green foods.
Here are the Supplement Facts from the back of the Perfect Food container:
There are several different “versions” of Perfect Food.
I use the Perfect Food found in the first column found in the image below — and I’ve been drinking it every day for the past three years — and if I ever miss my liquid greens, I feel it the next day in a lingering tiredness that can quickly devolve me into a lackadaisical mess:
If you want to help ensure your body is getting all the good stuff it needs to perform during the day, you might want to consider firing up your gut with some Perfect Food. After a week of drinking your daily greens, I am hopeful you will feel as I do: Viscerally reengaged with your body/mind covenant in a holistic and vital way that makes you feel better as your mind grows stronger and your mind becomes clearer in its essence.
As soon as I’m done writing about the importance of kosher certification, I’m sending a link to the article to this company — this stuff looks fantastic!
I hope Garden of Life will get Kosher certified, Gordon. They have so many products that will help boost and enhance your diet that you have a hard time getting any other way in the same amount of time and effort spent in downing a glass of liquid powder.
Do you know of any simmalar products that are Kosher?
Hi Aryeh —
Gordon Davidescu makes these suggestions for you: