I’ve had this WordPunk blog active on TypePad for a week now and I’ve made clear the things that concern me as a writer as I try to decide if buying into TypePad hosting is really worth $300.00 USD a year.
Sure, I could pay $90.00 USD a year for domain-mapped blogging on TypePad, but if you’re going to pay, why go small?
I have six more days to decide.
So here — in the air of being fair and delightful — are some things that TypePad does really well:
- Google Sitemaps: One-click setup
- Google Webmaster Tools Site Verification: Easy file upload
- Custom RSS: Re-Burn your feed with your existing FeedBurner account
- Quick Google Indexing: Minutes after you publish, your posts are searchable
- Favicons: Native support for separate blogs and easy to upload.
- Fast Interaction: Changing pages and saving posts is speedy
I will continue to confer with my ongoing experience on all blogging platforms and keep you updated and informed on the changes and thrills I find lurking in the dark of the blogging backend.
Wait… that didn’t sound quite right…