At my supermarket they have a promotional item of the week. If they don’t mention it to you at the checkout counter and you point out that fact they have to give it to you for free. This week the promotional item was the Gillette Fusion Power. Since they didn’t mention it to me I got one for free. Since I can’t use it I’d like you to have it. At the very least you get an extra blade and coupon for $2 off the blades. How fun!
Gordon and I decided to provide even more fun here in this Share a Close Shave Contest where you, YES YOU, can be the proud owner of a Gordon Davidescu autographed Gillette Fusion Power Razor!
Write a comment to this post to officially enter the contest. Tell us
about a “close shave.” You will define what “close shave” means in your
entry. You will choose to be funny or stoic or sad or tragic or
something else. Your entry will be as long or as short as you wish. You
will enter as many times as you wish.
1. The contest commences immediately and will end at 5:00pm Eastern time on Monday, February 6, 2006.
2. Gordon Davidescu will choose the winner and provide a 300 word critique of why he chose the winning entry.
3. Mr. Davidescu’s vote is final and cannot be challenged here, in email, or in an international court of law.
5. Preference in winning will be provided to “Urban
Semiotic Regulars” in order to avoid outside “Ringers” who might pay to
employ a professional “hit-man”
for writing assistance.
6. An “Urban Semiotic Regular” is defined as a person, pet, or thing
that has posted at least one comment here over the past three weeks.
We do not discriminate based on gender or genus. All are welcome to
enter the contest. The Gillette Fusion Power Razor works equally well on beards, legs and that wispy piece of fur between your claws that can’t be tamed.
8. Preference in winning will be provided to bipedals.
9. International entries are welcome. We ship anywhere! Mr. David W. Boles, MFA will pay any and all shipping costs Mr. Davidescu doesn’t feel like providing.
10. All entries must be original to this contest and previously unpublished in the known universe.