If you suffer from high blood pressure, you know how important it is to closely monitor your blood pressure at home. For around $70.00 USD, you can buy the OMRON 10 Series home blood pressure monitor and give yourself of ease-of-mind while wincing throughout the monitoring process.
I’ve been using OMRON blood pressure monitors at home for over 15 years. I find that these machines hurt when they squeeze your arm to take a reading. Sometimes, the cuff gets so tight that it bruises your inner arm. Having your arm so viciously encapsulated can’t be good for your health — and it absolutely raises your blood pressure while “reading” your blood pressure, which, I suppose, in some sort of moronic Twilight Zone Twist, makes these evil OMRON machines self-perpetuating in their raisons d’être — but, alas, there isn’t much other choice out there the marketplace, and so we suffer with our blood pressure and these hurtful OMRON monitors.
Here are the 10 Series details:
- Calibration Check System – Dual sensors automatically double check each reading, providing you with added reassurance that each reading is accurate.
- Cuff Wrap Guide – Indicator confirms the cuff has been wrapped correctly on your arm.
- ComFit™ Cuff – Patented by Omron, the pre-formed arm cuff expands to fit both regular and large sized arms, to ensure more comfortable, accurate readings.
- Two User Mode – Allows two users to monitor and track their readings separately in the stored memory.
- TruRead™ – Automatically takes three consecutive readings one minute apart and displays the average, following the guidelines set by internationally recognized organizations for home blood pressure measurement.
- AM/PM Averaging – With a touch of a button you can review an eight week history of your weekly morning and evening blood pressure averages.
- Irregular Heartbeat Detection – This monitor can detect irregular heartbeats while your blood pressure is being measured. If an irregular heartbeat is detected, an indicator icon will appear alerting you so you can consult with your medical professional.
- BP Level Indicator – Shows how your reading compares to internationally recognized guidelines for normal home blood pressure levels.
- AC Adapter – This monitor includes an AC adapter that plugs into your wall and ensures your monitor is ready to use whenever you are.
- 200 Memory Storage – 100 memory storage for each user (200 total) with date and time stamp allows you to review the last 100 readings with a touch of a button.
- 4 AA batteries not included
The 10 Series is a much better looking machine than what I used a decade ago. There is a definite design aesthetic at play. The display is easier to read. The memory provides a great value for a long-term view of your pressure but, the fact remains, that these home blood pressure monitors can put out a lot of pain, but that’s the price you pay for your Panopticonic self-observation. Your physician will thank you — even if your arm doesn’t.